Employee Benefits and Programs
Our employee-partners are a top priority. We support them with a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that responds to their personal and professional needs. Our programs include:
Health Care and Insurance Plans
• Medical, dental and vision health insurance
• Insurance plans for life, accident, travel, pets and
• Short and long-term disability
• Healthcare pre-tax spending account
• Maternity and paternity leave
• Adoption assistance
• Subsidized emergency child and eldercare provision
• Dependent care pre-tax spending account
• JefPerks (discounts on major retailers, entertainment,
travel, electronics, etc.)
• Banking services
• Car rentals
• Auto and home insurance
Additional Employee Perks
• Generous holiday and vacation policies
• Charitable matching program
• Pre-tax commuter benefits (US)
• Employee referral program
• Tuition assistance
• Group legal plan
• Wellness screenings and assessments
• Gym discounts
• Employee Assistance Plan
• Weight Watchers (US)
• jFIT corporate wellness programs including participation
in Corporate Challenges (Boston, NYC and London)
• 401(k) savings plan with employer match
• Discount stock purchase
We have made a commitment to building a culture that provides opportunities for employees of all nationalities, races, genders and educational backgrounds. We believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation and thought leadership through the infusion of new ideas and perspectives.
Our diversity is built upon solid partnerships.
Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) - SEO is a non-profit organization that prepares young people of color for
their careers through extensive training, mentorship and placement with a summer internship.
Urban Leadership Fellows Program - This organization is committed to introducing graduating NYC public and parochial high school seniors to the finance industry through paid internships, mentoring and training.
Chicago Summer Business Institute - Founded in 1991 to provide paid summer internships for Chicago high school students and to introduce them to the financial services sector.
The Jefferies Women’s Initiative Network (JWIN) is an employee-led affinity group that provides resources and networking opportunities to foster the advancement of women and increase employee satisfaction levels across the firm. JWIN partners with Ellevate - a global network of 30,000 trailblazing women who are inspired, empowered and connected.
We have a solid commitment to promoting and developing educational opportunities. Since 1981, we have granted academic scholarships to Jefferies family members, totaling nearly $8 million in awards.
Jefferies supports education and training to improve job performance and to enhance career growth. We offer employees tuition reimbursement, subject to Jefferies’ Tuition Plan and Tuition Reimbursement Policies and Procedures.